We would like to take this opportunity to introduce you to the staff of Torrance Office. Our physicians are dedicated to using the most advanced technology and the latest research to ensure great podiatric care for all of our patients. Please take the time to read about our professionals so that you feel better acquainted with them before your first visit.
Dr. John Codwell, III
Owner and Medical Director of Codwell Family Foot Center, PA, is a graduate of the Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine. He completed his podiatric residency training at the Hunter-Holmes McGuire Veteran’s Administration Hospital in Richmond, VA.
Although he specializes in the medical and surgical treatment of the foot and ankle including sports-related issues, Dr. Codwell has a special interest in diabetic foot care. He frequently lectures on the prevention and management of diabetes. He also is very active on many hospital and surgery center staffs, where he provides medical and surgical care to patients with a variety of foot and ankle problems.
Dr. Codwell is board certified and is an active member of the American Podiatric Medical Associations, Texas Podiatric Medical Association and is President of the National Podiatric Medical Association.
Dr. Codwell is married to Wendy Turner Codwell (attorney) and is the proud father of three sons, John IV, Reid and Austin.
Dr. Nathan Lucas
“Transforming Feet for Health, Fitness, and Fashion”
Dr. Lucas is a Board Certified Podiatric Surgeon in private practice for over sixteen years. Dr. Lucas specializes in Aesthetic foot surgery, Stem cell and Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy, Laser Therapy, Sports medicine, Corrective and Reconstructive Foot and Ankle surgery. In addition to being a skilled cosmetic foot and ankle surgeon, he is certified in foot and ankle arthroscopy. He has been at the forefront of adopting the latest techniques and technology available for correction of deformities and improvement of function. Having comprehensive knowledge and experience in podiatric procedures, he continues to further refine and modify his techniques to achieve enhanced outcomes for his patients with shorter recovery times, minimal to no pain and aesthetic appearance. He believes that the final cosmetic result of the foot is just as important as the structural correction.
Dr. Lucas has trained residents and other podiatric surgeons on advanced foot and ankle surgical techniques. He is a sought-after lecturer, mentor, and motivational speaker. Dr. Lucas currently serves on several local and national boards. In his spare time, he enjoys physical fitness, golf, music—playing the keyboard, and spending time with his wife and two children.
- BS, Chemistry, Xavier University, New Orleans, Lousiana
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine, California College of Podiatric Medicine in conjunction with University of Southern California, Los Angeles County Medical Center
- Surgical Residency-Foot and Ankle: Liberty Medical Center in conjunction with John Hopkins, Baltimore, Maryland
- Fellow, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Foot and Ankle Arthroscopy
- Nerve Decompression Surgery
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- National Podiatric Medical Association
- Tennessee Podiatric Medical Association
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- International Aesthetic Foot Society-Founding Member
- Insitute for Peripheral Nerve Surgery
Click here to visit Dr. Lucas’ main website.